There is an old Chinese saying that says,
- When one is angry, then the qi rises.
- When one is joyous, then the qi relaxes.
- When one is sad, then the qi dissipates.
- When one is in fear, then the qi moves down.
- In case of cold the qi collects; in case of heat, the qi flows out.
- When one is frightened, then the qi is in disorder.
- When one is exhausted, then the qi is wasted.
- When one is pensive, then the qi lumps together
Different organs in the body are sensitive to certain emotions and the Qi will change directions with the thoughts and emotions we hang on to and use over and over. This chart shows the positive and negative emotions,and what happens when our Qi gets out of balance due to our negative emotions - we create symptoms and health problems around the organ which is most sensitive by that emotion or where the qi gets stuck.