Because the spiritual gift development process with 5th chakra energy usually begins with "sleep-time dreams", if you want to develop the spiritual gift of learning to receive and interpret VISUAL spiritual messages, we first need to train our mind to be open to receive these types of messages. Next, we train our mind's to remember the dream message. Then we need to learn how to interpret the dream message.
- Before you go to sleep, tell yourself you are open to receive communication through your dreams.
- Tell your mind you want to remember your dreams. This will alert your mind to pay attention and to bring back images, feelings, impressions, and details. Over time, your ability to bring back details of your dreams will improve.
- Next, when you are starting to wake up, there are moments when you are "in between" sleep and being awake. Use this time to initiate your thoughts to start the recall process. Much of the recall can become engaged in this "in between" time between sleep and wakefulness.
- Another helpful process is to record your dream as well as your feelings about the dream. Eventually you will start to remember more and more details from your dream.
Interpreting the Dream and Interpreting the Message (or Insight)
Once you have a real/significant dream, you next need to interpret it. Here is the process to help you interpret your dream.:
- Established an overview of the dream
- Interpret the overview
- After interpretation of the overview, then gain the insight and meaning of the dream
Interpretation is what the dream images represent. Interpretation is taking the images and translating them into a message. Sometimes the process can feel like the game of charades - taking images and clues and then piecing them together.
Insight is the lesson or the teaching to be learned. The insight can come from the mind or the Higher Self. Generally it is the subconscious trying to inform the conscious. Dreams that seem to standout vividly and have a tremendous impact are generally from your Higher Self.
In the interpretation process, maintain an open mind. Once you have thought about an interpretation and have decided that it is not complete, you must be willing to disregard that interpretation. As you explore interpretations to dreams, permit your mind to wander and explore other completely unrelated possibilities.
Once you become proficient in receiving messages through dreams in the sleeping state, you may start to have waking dreams where you care presented flashes of images during resting as well as moving meditations. This skill can then progress to experiencing seeing visual messages while awake, or even visions.