We usually call the spiritual plane the ASTRAL plane (or heaven). We usually call the means of getting to the astral plane while we are still alive on the physical plane (or earth), astral travel or astral projection.
So, if you want to develop the spiritual gifts associated with gaining knowledge, insight, and wisdom, the best way to acquire this is to first learn how to get to the astral plane.
Steps for Astral Travel
There are three phases of learning to travel to the astral plane:
- The first is to get you out of the body.
- The second is to obtain and remember the travel.
- The third is to direct the travel.
Step 1 - Getting Out of Your Body Training (Soul Expansion)
- In a meditation, you can do this: In the meditation, plant in the expectation of travel by visualizing weightlessness or floating or levitation and how nice it feels. As you do this, plant also the thought that you will travel to the astral plane as you levitate or feel weightless.
- When you prepare for sleep, you can do this: As you lay in bed you first feel comfort and quiet. As you find yourself drifting into sleep, concentrate on these thoughts. First, “I can fly. I am weightless. I can leave my body and fly or travel beyond. Plant in the mind the expectation of travel by visualizing weightlessness or floating or levitation and how nice it feels. As you do this, plant also the thought that you will travel to the astral plane as you levitate or feel weightless.
- I wish to meet my Higher Self.
- I desire to remember this.
Step 2 - Train Yourself to Remember the Travel
The first step of mind training is to help you improve your ability to recall your astral travel experience and it goes like this:
- Begin a meditation as you feel comfortable.
- Visualize your memory working well.
- Visualize the chakras in your spiritual body, glowing, being aligned, being balanced.
- Visualize yourself going to sleep and allowing your mind to wander. Notice how the chakras are still glowing, aligned, and balanced.
- Visualize sleep coming restfully, quietly upon you as your recite in your mind that you are free and weightless and wish insight into a specific idea.
- Note that as you sleep, your body relaxes and your mind rests. Note how your soul grows in energy.
- Note your body, although still in bed, feels light, and that your soul is lifting and traveling.
- Visualize your soul leaving and contacting other souls, gaining, insight and knowing them.
- Note how your soul is refreshed and how it gently returns to the body, bringing knowledge and insight to the mind.
- See how the mind is eager to accept this information and remember the experience. As it does, you wake with love and insight.
- End the meditation.
- I have a good memory
- It serves me well in sleep
- It improves with astral travel.
- I can remember my travel experiences
- I can recall my travels in dreams
- I can recall my travels in meditations
Step 3 - Train yourself for Astral Projection
- The next step is to plant a seed thought so that once you obtain the astral plane, your subconscious can direct the soul in its mission.
- The first mission should be to meet your Higher Self; and remember.
- After you are successful with that, you next want to direct your soul to meet with your Spiritual Guide; and remember.
- After you are successful in those two tasks, you can expand to find answers to questions that may concern you, and bring back the answer.
- You can also direct your soul to gain insights and knowledge, and bring back to your mind.
Experiences You Can Expect While You Develop this Skill
These are the spiritual experiences you can begin to expect when you start practicing leaving your body and going to the astral plane:
- having an out-of-body experience
- meeting your Higher Self
- meeting your Spiritual Guide(s)
- interacting with nonphysical Beings
- knowing something, but not understanding why or how you know it
- projecting your spiritual self to the astral plane
- gaining knowledge, wisdom, insight