We use the 7 chakras as a means to conceptualize the different types of spiritual energies within our spiritual body. We see them as if they are a rainbow of light and color, and it is this variation in colors which helps guide our cultivation process to help us nourish, fortify, and improve these different types of spiritual energies.
The chakras, when they are balanced, aligned, and clear, are depicted as 7 circular orbs of clear vibrant colored light, in a straight line along our spine, and each with the same size and shape. There are three upper chakras and three lower chakra points and the fourth chakra is considered neutral. The lower chakra points (point 1, 2, and 3) are closer to the earth and are considered to be more “physical” in nature and more physically related to body functions. The fourth chakra, located in the middle of the chest and closest to the heart, is balancing chakra. The upper chakra points (5, 6, and 7) are considered to be more mental, ethereal, and spiritual and are closer to the heavens.
- The first chakra is located at the base of the spine and is usually depicted by the color red. This energy is known as sensing and grounding energy, and is the energy most used to help a person improve their ability to sense different types of energy.
- The second chakra is located near the sexual organs and above the first chakra. It is depicted by the color orange. This energy is about truth and creativity.
- The third chakra is located at the solar plexus and is depicted by the color yellow. This energy is known as emotional energy and is also the energy of time. The is the energy used to sense the future, as well as understand the past.
- The fourth chakra is located at the center of the chest, near the heart, and is depicted by the color green. This energy is known as the energy of love and balance.This is the energy that is most used for healing.
- The fifth chakra is located near the throat and is depicted by the color blue. This energy is known as communication energy. This is the energy that helps one interpret subtle messages.
- The sixth chakra is located between and slightly above the eyes and is sometimes called the “third eye.” It is often depicted with the color purple. This is the energy of knowledge and wisdom.This is the energy that helps a person expand and leave their body. It's kind of like being able to go and visit the library.This is the energy that helps you connect with other spiritual Beings.
- The seventh chakra is located at the top of the head and is usually depicted by either the color indigo or white. This is the energy of integration.This is the energy that is used to "integrate with the Tao" or as some people say, "talk to and listen to God".
In the Qi cultivation process for the chakra energies, one will need this understanding of the 7 different chakras in order to build on that foundation. Knowing the chakra locations,colors, and the type of subtle energy each chakra is composed of, will help in the Qi cultivation process of the chakra energies. This foundation will help your ability to fortify and nourish your chakras, as well as guide you in how to use this additional energetic resource. It will also help you learn to improve your ability to sense energies, as well as interpret the messages and communications associated with the different types of subtle energies.