As a Medical Qigong Therapist, I can sometimes observe thoughts in action within the body, as it moves and directs Qi. In fact, there are times when I ask the client direct their thoughts and attention to a specific part of their body that needs healing, and then join me in the healing process. When their thoughts arrive, I can feel a type of "handshake" join my thoughts, and then together, we both direct our thoughts and attention towards healing that that specific location in their body.
In addition to thoughts impacting the flow of Qi in our body and conducting healing activities, our thoughts construct our life experience. Have you heard the term, "we create our own reality"? This means that it is our thoughts that help create the circumstances and experiences we have in our life. What we experience, and how we perceive it, all starts with our thoughts. If we want to have a different life experience, we need to first start with new thoughts. It is our thoughts that are the catalyst to move and change where and how Qi is flowing.
So, why is learning to train your mind to focus, so important? Because
- thoughts have energy
- thoughts guide Qi
- thoughts will guide our decisions and actions, creating the life experience and framework we live in
- focused thoughts and intention change the current flow of Qi (calm the flow, change the direction, even change the quality and volume of Qi)
- thoughts guide Qi, and then Qi guides blood, which then guides our actions
- the flow of blood determines our overall health and wellness
- and, our thoughts create the type of life we live and the experiences we have